Thursday, August 08, 2024

Guyanese lunch for 7.99 at Corner house Wine bar, South Croydon

I'm so glad this has replaced the Thai place because Guyanese food is delish.
Normally I get my pastry fix like pineapple tarts in tooting.
Anyway the lunch sets are either noodles or rice so I got both for lunch and dinner.
What makes the chowmein and rice delicious is the five spice and I found them quite comforting like batchelors super noodles.
The texture is soft and reminds me of big fat instant noodles.
One came with fried bbq chicken and the other fried chicken.
Both were equally good as it was fried thigh meat but bbq was surprisingly good because the bbq sauce was tangy like buffalo sauce.
Also had the Guyanese egg balls, they are similar to scotch eggs but vegetarian coated with cassava mash.
The cassava mash was rather salty and one of the eggs was rather rubbery like it had been microwaved as you can see there are different layers of egg white in separation.

Food takes a good 30 minutes though to arrive and there is some slight msg in the noodles and rice.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...