Monday, March 02, 2020

[Review] hans grill pizza stone

Somehow pizzas at home never taste the same as restaurants which led me to think to observe how they makes pizzas at restaurants.
As well as pizzas, delicious naans also have some magic to them in the sense that there is something that can distribute heat well so that the dough is uniformly crisp and soft in the middle.

This is where the pizza stone is needed, hans grill specializes in pizza stones where it helps distributes heat evenly.


Instructions are simple, you just put the stone in the oven, turn on the oven to heat the pizza stone, then slide your pizza on to it.
The time depends on how thick your pizza is and how you like your pizza.

Pizza stones comes in different shapes, they can be round or rectangular.

Personally I like the rectangular pizza stones because it allows you to make round or rectangular pizzas or put other items on the side whilst your baking the pizza.

As the instruction says, you pre heat the stone by putting it on the lower rack, turning on the oven for 30-40 minutes.

Then you turn down the heat once the stone has got hot and then slide your pizza on to the stone.

The pizza shovel was easy to use, I dusted the wooden shovel with flour to ensure that the pizza could slide about before adding ingredients and whilst I was adding ingredients I kept sliding the pizza so that it would slide off perfectly when it was time to slide it on to the pizza stone.

The pizza I made had diced purple onions, diced yellow peppers, feta, olives and anchovies.


Since it was my first time making the pizza dough, the pizza base was quite thick like a deep pan but the base was uniformly crisp.


With the experience for the first pizza, the second one was made thinner.

Overall, definitely easy to use and I loved my uniform pizza base but the only difficulty I had was transferring the pizza to the stone because if you're clumsy you end up getting some ingredients on the stone.

I am not sure if this method would work but I am thinking of covering the pizza stone with aluminum foil or baking paper to help protect the stone from getting ingredients all over it to prolong the pizza stone life.

Currently, hans grill pizza stones are available on amazon with free delivery if you live in the UK.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...