Wednesday, March 18, 2020

[Review] Ossie's Jerk Chicken

As I had a craving for Goat curry I decided to take a random trip to Walworth Road, just round the corner from Elephant and Castle.
I didn't have a shop in mind so just looked around to see which one caught my fancy.

Ossie's Jerk Chicken looked good so went in but they only take cash so I had to get some cash.
It was the one for me because the ladies in the shop were friendly and cheerful, you could feel their passion.
What was interesting was that they also offered Lobster which is rather expensive ingredient so from that I felt confident that their food was going to be good.



Came back and got the mutton curry for £4 which includes a drink.
Apart from the odd bones here and there, the mutton was soft and silky in a flavourful curry sauce which went down well with the rice and peas.
Compared to other rice and peas I have had, the peas here were extremely soft and starchy.

Finished off with the tropical juice drink which was nice and soothing after a spicy curry which was spiced just right and not too spicy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...