Tuesday, March 03, 2020

[Review] Pies at Piebury Corner

Discovered Piebury corner while I was at King's Cross so decided to give it a visit because I love pie and mash.

I didn't have any expectations but the menu was really good with pies and scotch eggs to offer.

As a pie shop, the pie was a must even though I love scotch eggs especially the black pudding scotch egg that they offer as well.
Went for the lunch deal where you get to choose a pie from the list, a side with gravy.





It was really difficult to decide between the lamb and beef so got the beef.
The pie and mash was served within a flash.
The pie was sliced in half with a small jug of gravy in between.

In a way, it was a good that they sliced the pie as I probably would not have done any better with such a clean cut like that.

From the sliced pie, you could see how good it was especially the pastry which was even from pie crust, pie top and the pie base.
The pie filling also looked good as you could see it evenly filled the pie and not a cavity.


I don't know why but I dug into the mash first and it was shockingly good because it was creamy without being too overwhelming. The mash tasted like the mash at school so it was really comforting.
Next, I tried the pie and again it was flawless especially the minced beef which was good quality in my opinion as it didn't contain any strange stringy or fat its but pure beef in delicious thick sauce.
The pie pastry was to my liking as it wasn't too crunchy or soft.

After trying the pie and mash, I tried it with the gravy which tasted tasted like bovril gravy.

Overall, I was pleased with my choice of pie and definitely impressed.

I would have had the morello cherry pie for dessert but I was too full so went back for it later that evening.
Strangely they would not sell me the cherry pie to takeaway because they had a party event there so I was really shocked.
Anyway, I asked again because I didn't require any heating so it was really good they sold it to me because I didn't want to make another journey another time even though it would be better to dine there as you can choose custard or cream with the dessert pies.



Finally got home and heated the cherry pie.



As expected, the pie was so delicious, you could see so many whole cherries inside.
Fortunately, it was the last mouthful that a cherry stone or it would have ruined my enjoyment at the beginning.
Luckily the stone was baked right through and crispy because I managed to crack it with my teeth which is better than the stone cracking my teeth as I wasn't expecting a cherry stone in the cherry pie.

Overall, I was extremely satisfied so I can't wait to go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...