Saturday, March 14, 2020

[Review] Tortellini Cup / My Tortellini

Discovered Tortellini Cup on groupon but the terms were quite confusing so I didn't bother getting it.
The groupon is valid for a pasta item up to the value of £6.90 but according to their online menu on groupon and their website, all the pastas cost more than £6.90.

The location was also a bit far so it took me a while to get motivated to go.


Finally went on a week day and the menu was literally different to the online menu and groupon.
It allows you to choose a pasta and sauce which makes your choices flexible.






As well as Pasta, they had Tigella (round breads with a choice of fillings), Erbazzone (spinach pie) and desserts!.







It was really hard deciding what to order but pasta had to come first.
Since this place is called Tortellini, I went for the Tortelloni which was filled with spinach and cheese.
Other captivating choices were tortellini (filled with parma ham) and the maccheroni which is unique to Tortellini cup.

For the sauce, I got the tomato sauce.
In a way, I wished they could throw in a few pieces of the maccheroni or just a piece of Tortelloni so that I could try it ad see how they taste.

It was good that the Parmesan was served separately but the the pasta was served in a paper bowl which looks quite different to the cup as show on their website but still good.
As for the taste, the tomato sauce tasted great as there was that home made taste to it and the plump tortelloni was delicious filled with cheese and spinach.


Hopefully I will be back in the area again because I plan to try the Tigella with parma ham as it is more affordable compared to Panino Giusto.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...