Friday, February 25, 2022

A visit to IKEA Hammersmith

IKEA has recently opened at Hammersmith Livat mall so I decided to give it a visit because there was an immersive, multi-sensory experience that allows you to enjoy a little taste of Sweden.
As a foodie how could I not get some food while I was there.
The food at this store is a little different in the sense that it is more sophisticated with open sandwiches and salads at the Deli.
The usual free tea is not available at the deli.
I feel that the Hammersmith branch is more upmarket to cater for the office crowd who would fancy a salad, wrap or sandwich for lunch with grab and go coffee.
It has been ages since I last had an open sandwich by the Swedish Mackish girls so I got myself the seafood open sandwich which was topped with chopped prawns, crab meat mixed with mayo, creme fraiche, tabasco and dill topped with lumpfish caviar topped with fresh dill.
A bit pricey but it was really good because you can really taste the crab meat and the sea and then you have the delightful lumpfish caviar.
I suspect the red caviar is the one that they sell made of seaweed and dill.
Overall, I am glad I tried because where else can you get these Swedish style open sandwiches.
Again, same story, Hammersmith has totally been revamped with new concept stores etc.







Video on youtube:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...