Sunday, February 13, 2022

Cheeky Fish now open in South Croydon

Cheeky Fish is a new fish and chip shop that opened a few months ago by the owners of AYAT Restaurant opposite.
When they first opened, the menu was very different and fancy made for the city.
Like all new restaurants who go through teething stages, they will change the menu accordingly to demand and now it is more down to earth.
I stopped by for the scampi and chips which were reasonably priced.
The scampi tasted a bit like fish fingers but on the sweet side.
Same with the potato variety they use, it was also on the sweet side.
Will try their pies next.






Address:
35 South End
Croydon

4 comments:

  1. Cheeky fish on entering the staff was absolutely amazing...
    I'm an absolute foodie and I have a cheat day once in while...
    So I decided to have fish and chips..
    First bite into the fish and chips unreal so so s good...
    The tar tar sauce out this world......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ordered the fish & chips, it was amazing. The tartar sauce is soo nice and goes well with the fish.

    Staff are nice and friendly. The place is nice & clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never Again.
    Bought cod and chips yesterday around 3.45pm, I have the receipt to prove it. I was the only one in the shop, took ages to cook but I assumed because it was fresh. Got home and was.nothing of the sort, it was Stale, Batter was awful, thick and not cooked, chips were soggy old chips, I ate a little and left the rest.
    Unfortunately about 3 hours later, I was feeling awful, perspiring, hot, had a upset tummy, took indigestion tablet and hot water still felt bad, in the loo again, just after 10pm I vomited, my chest hurt and still hurts from the wreching, nice, food poisoning I expect, still running to the loo, worse night ever.
    Guess if I still feel this way later, I will have to phone 111 for help and advice!
    Stay well clear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had pie and chips today amazing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...