Saturday, February 19, 2022

Comforting roast and breafask at The Lunch Box Cafe

Greasy spoons are my regulars and breakfast is a must however this time I had roast!!!
I have always wanted to visit The Lunch Box Cafe which is located just a stones throw from West Croydon hidden behind North End.
It was a Saturday and I just couldn't wait until Sunday for roast so had roast lamb.
Instead of the veg, I swapped it for bubble the owner was really nice and didn't charge any extra for it.
The roast lamb was so comforting with the gravy, mint sauce, Yorkshire and gravy.
Everything was so good that I polished it all and finished with a lovely cup of tea.





Went again for breakfast and got another surprise.
Egg, Sausage, bacon and black pudding are a must for me so I got the Set 2.
My eyes lit up when I saw three slices of black pudding!
Everything was really good and you do not feel heavy getting half way through because there was no oilyness or unpleasant oily smell.

Went back again for breakfast and this time I just had the black pudding and egg to see how many slices of black pudding you get.
When it came, it was three thick slices so it seems you get three slices by default and it was only 90p for the black pudding.
The best thing is that their black pudding is not soaked in oil so you can really taste how it is meant to taste ie the herbs and metallic blood in it.



Because of their consistenly good food, I went back for their Liver and onions.
It has been a while since I had this neglected this!
To be honest, I can't even remember the last time I had it but from memory it was good.
The lamb liver here was good in the sense that it was not gamey.
Although it didn't taste as good as memory they still did a really good job of it and the bacon complimented it well.
The chips were nicely done especially the uniform colour and the peas were tender.
A good liver and bacon is where there is a marriage of all the ingredients where the gravy should have a rich liver taste as well as the onions since it should be cooked together.





The Lunch Box Cafe
104 Tamworth Rd, Croydon CR0 1XX


Menu:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...