Friday, February 25, 2022

The expensive and long journey for David Beckham's favourite pie mash in Waltham Abbey

The long expensive journey for David Beckham's favourite pie and mash in Waltham Abbey.
Not bend it like Beckham but eat it like Beckham!!!
Like I said I am trying to eat my way through every pie & mash shop in the UK whether they are good or bad.
I knew I was going to like the one in Waltham Abbey from the photos I have seen as I judge it by the clarity and colour of the liquor and the pie filling.
Both the pie and liquor looked amazing which was to my liking and it turns out to be David Beckhams regular go to place as well.
Tony's Pie & Mash is probably the furthest I have travelled for a pie mash.
The journey had to be made because the travel fares are going up by the end of this month.
I thought I was going to get away with the pay as you go because Waltham Cross is in zone 7 but it turns out the buses are not London buses so my bus journey cost as much as my meal there!!!
Overall, the trip for the pie mash was totally worth it because the minced beef in the pie was really good and flavourful in that really nice rich beefy sauce.
The liquor was just how I liked it because it is made with eel and it has a nice clarity with a leafy green colour.
Along with that, lashings and lashings of vinegar and white pepper are a must to make it heavenly.
While I was there, I met a guy who also likes to try every pie & mash shop in UK and its good to know that he likes Maureen's as much as I do.
I was actually blown away by this visit because I feel that if you like Maureens, you will also like Tony's so I think Beckham would like Maureen's as well if he got a chance to visit. 
The food is annoyingly good at Tony's so I am tempted to visit again!
The buses out of town are not that frequent so I was really lucky the bus driver let me get on after he just pulled off.













Video on youtube:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...