Saturday, February 12, 2022

Iraqi delights from Kubba

Kubba is one of these places that I should have visited a long time ago because how often do you come accross Iraqi food.
At Kubba, they serve these chaps and Kubba which are basically croquettes filled with meat, vegetarian version available.
The chaps are potato croquettes shaped like a big smartie filled with meat or vegetables and the kubba is a croquette made of rice filled with meat.
All these morsels come with sharp mango sauce and a sweet tasting tamarind and date sauce.
The potato chaps reminded me of Xiamen croquettes made of taro while the kubba reminded me of Chinese dim sum pork croquettes made of glutinous rice pastry.
Anyway, the chaps were really tasty especially the minced meat which was good quality and tasty.
The only thing that let it down was the potato which lacked a potatoey taste.
On the other hand, the kubba was the star of the show, the rice exterior was so good, it reminded me of burnt congee without the burnt taste so I loved it.
When dipped in the refreshing moreish mango sauce, these morsels were divine.
Finished off with the Knafa which was probably the best because the fine strands were so delicate and the cheese on the bottom was so gooey.
If I knew there was rose, I would have requested it without because I can't rose and the fact that they used really good quality rose petals made it worse for me because the aroma and flavour was really coming through.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...