Friday, February 25, 2022

Authentic Langos in Stratford

My friend is Hungarian so her mum would serve all sorts of Hungarian delights when I went round her house.
I had strong memories of this crispy bread with fresh garlic and sour cream as well as delicious rice with peas and cheese.
Recently, I saw an article about Hungarian Langos which reminded me of her cooking so I decided to venture out for some Langos which lead me to Stratford.
The booth at Stratford serves a few options for Langos so I went for the traditional which comes with garlic, sour cream and cheese.
Minus the cheese, it tasted exactly the same as the one my friend's mum made so it was really comforting.
I loved the crispy soft dough with the garlic and sour cream.
The cheese makes it extra tasty like a pizza.
You can think of it like a savoury doughnut or a Chinese crueller.
As well as the default choices, you can also choose 4 toppings so on my next visit I will choose garlic, sour cream and mushrooms and onions which makes a Hungarian style pizza!
They also do Chimney cakes which tastes like a combination of croissant, doughnut and churros which I plan to try as well but they are monstrous in size.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...