Thursday, February 24, 2022

Thukpa at Urban Yak

It has been so many years since I had Thukpa as not many restaurants serve it.
I love Thukpa because the broth is strong and punchy.
Thupka is a Tibetian soup noodle which is really flavourful.
In London, there are more options for Thukpa so I narrowed it down to Urban Yan because their menu was clearly laid out and I liked their modern approach with pictures.
When I saw a photo of the Thukpa, I knew this was the place.
Urban Yak is located really close to Brockley station which is handy.
On the menu, you can get it vegetarian or have it with chicken, pork, mutton or seafood so I chose mutton.
When the noodles came, they looked exactly how I saw it on social media minus the piece of lemon.
Tasting a sip of the broth, I loved the heat and tanginess from the lemon.
The noodles were a bit different to the place I had it but they will were still good, you will find they are the same ones used in Chinese takeaways which are the chunky ones.
I found them a bit slippery on chopsticks but overall these noodles are really worth trying because it is loaded with vegetables and the broth is really moreish.
The mutton was a let down as it was dry, dark and chewy just like jerky but they were really kind to waive 50p to offset the mutton.
Visited again and had the chicken noodles, they were tasty as well but there were too much vegetables in it which was annoying so Thukpa is still my favourite to recommend at this restaurant.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...