Friday, February 04, 2022

Afghan minced lamb with rice and Mantu from 2 Lads Kitchen

I love a good deal so when I found out that you could get £5 dishes at Camden I decided to sign up to the Munch Club.

The offer is happening now until 13/2/2022 which can come in handy if you are in the area and hungry.

Participating traders in Camden Market, Camden Market Hawley Wharf and Camden Market Buck Street will be offering specific dishes for £5 which can be found on their websites.

There were so many to choose from so I narrowed it down to four places which were all self paid and 2 Lads Kitchen was one of them because their rice dishes were interesting.
As well as their rice dish I was captivated by the Mantu (Afghan dumplings) which was something I missed out a while ago.

For the rice dishes, you get a choice of chicken, lamb or a mix with rice drizzled with secret green sauce and served with salad.
The rice they used was a little different to Indian rice in the sense that the grains of rice were much longer.
When I asked what rice they used, they said it was Sella rice.
I found the rice sweet because it was laced with plump raisins and there was lots of grated carrots in it which reminds me of Urghur pilaf which is also laced with carrots.
On top of that was a minced lamb patty which was flavoured by the green sauce and yoghurt.
Overall, it was quite nice and not on the spicy side.

The Mantu turned out to be a surprise as it was so tasty.
These dumplings taste so different to Polish and Asian dumplings in the sense that they were so much tastier because of the crisp onions and spices it it.
Interestingly, the Turks also have their version of Mantu which I need to try sometime.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...