Friday, June 16, 2023

The most expensive doughnut that I got from Hideaway

THIS HAS DEFINITELY BROKEN MY RECORDS BEING THE MOST EXPENSIVE DOUGHNUT I EVER PAID FOR AT £9!!!
I just had to get it because at a glance I saw cherry and custard
The one outside was for display and they had more inside.
As a foodie, I examine my food eg the fillings etc.
I was amused to see the bottom of the doughnut had been sliced off probably to make it stand up in the box????
Overall, there were no complaints, the taste was good, it was not too sweet or oily.
While I was eating, I couldn't help notice this gritty texture in the cream, it turns out that it was Mahleb custard which makes sense.
Mahleb is a spice made from Prunus mahaleb cherry stones which are cracked for the seed kernel.
It also explains, why the cherries in the filling were so different, the mouthfeel of these cherries was like grape skin.
For takeaway, I was well equipped with napkins and utensils without me requesting.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...