Thursday, June 01, 2023

Trying Mauritius style food at Tooting market

Spotted this Mauritius restaurant on my Tooting visit as I left so made a trip back to try it.
The food on offer was interesting because they had soup noodles as well as dim sum which is also in soup so tried them both.
Both turned out very Chinese in style so nothing to be excited unless that's your cup of tea.
The dim sum soup was interesting as it was literally fish balls and shao mai in soup, however if you google the boulette chouchou dim sum soup it should have chayote vegetable.
When, dim sum soup came, there was no shao mai as shown so I was told they were sold out but they managed to get me some.
Also I ordered the soup noodles with prawn, lamb and egg but there were not prawns which was probably a blessing in disguise because it was just those chilled peeled prawns from the supermarket.
Other, than that, the noodles were quite nice but I think I would have liked thinner egg noodles.
Anyway, I will definitely be back to try more Mauritian dishes!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...