Sunday, March 29, 2015

No Home Economics lessons here at Home Economics

In the UK, Home Economics is a subject which I did not study so I will not go into further details.
However I am quite curious how they got this name but then in the States, Home Econ means something different so they would have some American influence.

Saturday is my discovery day so I will always go and eat something interesting, normally I will go to Central of Sheung Wan for Western food so I had to sacrifice not going there.

The reason I went here was the lunch menu which changes every week so if I did not try it this week then it might change the next Saturday.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Black Sesame bread:

The bread was crusty and soft in the middle so it qualified as a good Western bread but not my cup of tea because the black sesame flavour was too Asian for my liking.
Plain or herbs would be good.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Starter:
One of the starters was sold out so had the salad.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Chicken steak with coconut rice and fermented red beancurd gravy:

The chicken steak was perfectly pan fried because the chicken was succulent and juicy with a crispy coating.
I would have preferred plain rice because the coconut was a bit too strong and there was not enough sauce so I had to eat it sparingly.
It then occurred to me that I could ask for more sauce which I did and the extra sauce was just magic because the red beancurd sauce was really fragrant and enhanced the taste.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Tea:

Unfortunately it was the usual Chinese red tea so it was really bitter.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...