Monday, July 16, 2012

When quality does not match up to its price @

I was really excited with this place because there are not many places for Japanese inspired desserts. Chose the noodles and the Uji Matcha set so that I could still have room for dessert.
I did not look at the menu description for the cold noodles when I ordered, I just assumed it was quail eggs and green tea noodles because I like the idea of quail eggs, but they said the quail eggs have been replaced by a poached egg, so I ended up ordering the Green tea noodles with seafood in soup.
Well anyway, after I ordered I looked at the menu and indeed the product picture contradicts with the description!!!
!!!Spot the contradiction!!!
!!!Spot the contradiction!!!
 
Why won't they reprint the menu or cover the photo if it does not match the description??
While looking at the product shots for the soft-serve green tea ice-cream I found a variation in colour when clearly it was the same ice-cream!
The ice-cream on the left is a lighter colour than the one on the right!! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Green tea noodles with seafood in soup Since the cold noodles I wanted came with poached egg and not quail eggs I changed my order to this.
It was quite strange because the green tea noodles tasted like the quick cook instant macaroni.
The seafood was just quick frozen seafood.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Uji Matcha set This looked quite different to the product shot. The prawn was nice and big but very disappointing because there was no prawn taste let alone green tea taste!!!
What a waste of a big prawn!! Overall the rest of the items in the set were tasteless such as the scallop, noodles and pickles.
Lastly the green tea pudding was the only strongest tasting dessert when I compared it with the one I left room for.
The green tea taste was interesting it was not as grassy as the usual green tea and it was aromatic.
However if you have tried this perfume called Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden, it smells exactly like that. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
After finishing the food, made the wrongest decision to ask them to wipe the table because the cloth stank and made the table smell, it was so strong that the stench was strong that when my final dessert came it was tasteless.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Supreme soft ice-cream, tofu pudding and dumplings When it arrived, my table was still stinking after it had been wiped, but it was a bowl of tofu pudding topped with soft serve green tea icecream, tri coloured dumplings, and green tea pudding cubes.
The green tea tofu faintly tasted of green tea and was quite nice, and the cubes of green tea were nice but again the green tea was really faint.
As for the tri-coloured dumplings they all tasted the same so it was just food colouring and no flavouring, the taste was so floury.
The ice-cream was really creamy but lacked green tea taste!
The presentation of the dessert looked quite artificial and the green tea soft serve was a darker colour than its product shot featured above.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Overall the food here does not match its price tags.
There are quite a few drinks similar to SinMei but cost more here, I am sure people would opt to go to SinMei!
Anyway, they also have a really expensive giangantic dessert for 4-6 people @ $238!!
Mega dessert for 4-6 ppl @$238
Mega dessert for 4-6 ppl @$238
 
But I suppose if you are not concerned about food quality, this place would be a good hangout for drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...