Monday, January 15, 2024

Balaleet at Fait Maison Salon de The, Mayfair

I love Middle Eastern food so ever since I saw this interesting dish of short vermicelli on omelette at Fait Maison I have been wanting to try it.
Finally tried it at the Bond Street branch which is more relaxing than the branch in the West.
I always knew what I wanted but didn't know the name of the dish so finally found out that day when I saw it on the menu.
However, it was a bit different in reality as it was labelled as sweet noodles with saffron on top of omelette.
That moment, I was a bit disappointed because I don't like sweet with savoury things especially saffron but decided to try it anyway just to tick the box.
When it came, it looked like a plate of short vermicelli which was quite different to the photos of an omelette with short vermicelli in the middle to contrast it.
It was definitely an interesting breakfast but not to my liking as expected because I can't handle sweet and savoury.
Although Saffron is an expensive spice, I think it is an acquired taste which I really couldn't handle as it was too aromatic like rose and soapy.
The Paratha with Cheddar Za'atar was nice but it was exactly the same as Indian Roti and Taiwanese Roti with cheese so it wasn't memorable so I think ordering the Hamsa would be a better choice.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...