Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Scottish Haggis, Neeps and Tatties for Burn's night at Wetherspoons

[Scottish Haggis, Neeps and Tatties for Burn's night at Wetherspoons]
It's Burns week so I resorted to having my Scottish haggis, neeps and tatties fix at Wetherspoons because M&S isn't doing that delicious neeps and tatties centre piece this year which I am glad I tried last year.
Interestingly the essential gravy/whisky sauce isn't included with the neeps and tatties so you have to end up ordering it because you just need some gravy with it.
Wetherspoons in general disappoints but the reason I went was for the Burn's night menu.
Judging by the simplicity of three items like mashed potatoes, mashed swede and haggis which is obviously supplied, it would be hard to go wrong.
I suspect, they were all in a big dish under a heat lamp served when ordered because the mashed potato was a bit hard and chewy like the top surface of a shepherds pie when it has been in an oven / heat lamp for too long.
Overall, it was more than satisfactory with bottomless tea.
The prices for this meal differs from location because of costs but I don't get the odd pricing with the pennies.
@wetherspoonsofficial












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...