Sunday, January 28, 2024

Prawn shaomai and Mushroom tofu dim sum at The Truman Market, Brick Lane

Stopped by The Truman Market while I was on my way to this Italian joint.
I was captivated by this dim sum which had rice inside so decided to try it. 
There were other dim sums available so I had the prawn shaomai (which actually looks like more shrimp) from the garnishing but who knows it could be made with prawns.
The shrimps were probably alive during steaming because many have jumped off onto the cloth which is baffling unless the steamer dropped from a height.
Anyway at £2 a piece I was shocked to be given one with a missing shrimp so I asked if I could have a normal one.
To my dismay, the staff just picked one of the fallen ones and plonked it back on!
I felt that there was a language barrier as I failed to get info on what the rice dim sum was until I took a walk around the block and saw the banner above.
I mean seriously, he could have just pointed at that when I asked to save himself explaining.
Now to the taste, the mushroom tofu one was quite was nice and different.
The prawn one was seriously weird, the texture was like foamy marshmallow meringue, not quite sure how they managed that because I've had my fare share of dim sum and the texture is normally bouncy.


Pink Aisle Ice Cafe London
@pinkaisle_icecafe_london


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...