Sunday, January 21, 2024

Chicken livers at The Truro, South Croydon

The Truro opened a few months ago but back then they were in teething stages so only opened in the evenings.
They now open during the day which is expected otherwise it would be an opportunity loss.
Finally tried it because I had run out of options that day as I was late so I had the chicken livers with some rice.
The chicken livers actually come with a roll but I felt like having some rice with it which I am so glad I ordered because it was fluffy basmati rice.
The livers were delicious and fiery in a hot peri sauce.
You can really taste that charred aroma on the livers.
I liked the way the grill was clean so you don't taste any second hand charred tastes from other meats.
This is the reason I'm picky with fry ups and grills.
Also tried the grilled chicken and prawns with rice which was really tasty but the bowl for the prawn shell didn't come until a while later.
On a side note, the service on a weekday was so different to the weekend.
The staff on the weekend were really warm and friendly.
A family that just got seated was given some kind of drink which I could not see so it shows how different it is from a weekday.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...