Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Luxury chocolate bars by Barnaby

Stumbled upon this sign saying Test Kitchen so went closer to have a look expecting cooked food but it turns out to be lots of chocolate bars.
As a curious foodie, I asked what they were and was told it was freshly made waffles covered in chocolate.
I'm not a fan of waffles but decided to give it a try.
There were a few flavours that day: red velvet cream, tiramisu, cookies dough, hazelnut pretzel so I went for the red velvet.
The pricing was confusing as there were classics and creams which isn't clearly labelled but it seems they have different flavours everyday to test the market.
It turns out the red velvet was a cream so I paid 4 pounds for it.
Taking a bite, I was impressed and glad it wasn't for the bin.
The chocolate was thick that it cracked like a big Easter egg and it was a nice chocolate as well which was smooth and rich.
Inside there was chewy red layers of red velvet waffles which I am not sure was meant to be chewy or crisp but chewy is better in my opinion.
There was the dreamy white chocolate cream in between which was heaven.
Although they are described as chocolate covered waffles, I felt that they were like posh chocolate bars to the next level.
Visited a few days later to get some for my friend so got to try their hot chocolate which was indulgent.
I managed to chat to the guy and they said they will have choc ices for the summer which I simply can't wait.

Address: 2, 4 Upper St Martin's Ln, London WC2H 9EA

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...