Monday, January 29, 2024

Nonna Rosa's Italian Coffee Bar/Delicatessen

I intended to go to London for an Italian sandwich but didn't quite make it so ended at this other Italian deli which is rarely open when I'm in town.
I was in town to try this chippie but since this place was open I went in.
Upon entering, there was a chilled cabinet with lasagne and then I saw these baguettes which were interesting being in an Italian cafe.
I fancied the artichoke in the baguette so ended up having it with ham.
Ideally I should have chosen the focaccini but they look like the mass produced ones and the texture looked like brioche so the reason I had regular bread.
It was a nice sandwich, the artichokes were a bit bland and woody like Chinese canned bamboo shoots depending on which part of the artichoke but nicer hence the ham was there to give it flavour.
It is difficult to get fresh artichokes hence the reason for brined ones just like bamboo shoots but bamboo shoots smell of urine.
Overall a nice fix out of the blue.
All this and tea for £7.50.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...