Wednesday, July 16, 2014

True Blood infusion by oral administration

Had a quick catch up with my busy energetic sunshine friend, so we had a drink at The Envoy which is headed by local mixologist Antonio Lai and fellow mixologist Amanda Wan (Diageo Reserve World Class Bartender of the Year 2010 for Malaysia).

The Envoy is located on the 3rd floor of the classy boutique hotel The Pottinger.

As well as a bar, they serve lunches from Monday to Friday but as I don't work in Central I havent had a chance to go.

When you enter the bar, there are so many bottles, kegs and interesting mixology items around.








Towards the end, there is a dining area and a roof top bar.



As my friend was buying me a drink, I tried the award-winning True Blood #2 bloodbag cocktail inspired by Gram Stroker’s Dracula.
The one I had did not have any alcohol so I suppose it could be called True Virgin Blood!
This bag of True Blood got Antonio a second place in the BOLS AROUND THE WORLD 2014 Bartending Championship!! WELL DONE ANTONIO !!

It was not the first time I have tried Antonio's drinks.
As a non alcoholic person I was attracted by his beautiful creations at the Quinaryand Origin.
(Please see links at the end of this review for the happy bathtub drink and Earl Grey caviar.

My precious bloodbag arrived promptly and I was so excited that I forgot to take a video of it in the metal kidney dish which I am really kicking myself for that!

In the bloodbag is a nutritious cocktail of orange, lemon, cranberry and beetroot juice with a dash of homemade ginseng liqueur and Bols Genever. (Normal version).
The one I had was practically the same but without Ginseng liquer and Bols Genever.


The labelling was really cute too.

Bloodbag information:
+Delicious for vampires or humans
+Succulent source of electrolytes
+Similar nutrients to real blood
+Up to four hours of pure energy
+Delectable source of iron
+Garlic Free
+Open it for emergency

Benefits from drinking True Blood:
1.Replenish you energy by 60% after drinking
2.Strengthen your fangs
3.Block out sunlight by 20%
4.Accelerate your speed
5.Gain your glamour power

After taking pictures, I just couldn't wait to drink it.
The pouch was placed into a metal cup with ice.

Finally tried it and it was so delicious with a strong beetroot taste infused with citrus flavours.
The sweetness was just right and there was no unpleasant aftertaste.
I wish the bloodbag was bigger but blood is precious and in limited quantities~
ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ
Video of True Blood:

ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ
KGB cocktail at Ori-gin:
http://supersupergirl-dining.blogspot.hk/2013/11/ori-gin-it-all-begins-with-gin.html
Drinks at Quinary:
http://supersupergirl-dining.blogspot.hk/2013/11/quinarys-magical-journey-of-five-senses.html
ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...