Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Chinese street noodles rebranded

Almost every local will know that there is a famous noodle joint in Jordan serving doggy noodles.
I have not been because I am not a fan of those noodles and I find it difficult to enjoy my food surrounded by traffic and second hand smoke.

After finding out that Gum "Jeng" serves these noodles I decided to dine there.

The dining environment is comfortable with air conditioning and the food is served in disposable paper bowls.



At the counter, they have samples of the food they serve.



There is a menu too.

Unfortunately the soup and duck were sold out so I just got the noodles and retro prawn cakes.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
doggy noodles:


As I am not a fan of local Chinese snacks they did not impress me.
To me they just tasted like udon in a strong broth flavoured with shittake mushooms and dried shrimps and the broth was a bit too oily.

There are condiments neatly stored in glass jars for the noodles.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
prawn cakes:


The prawn cakes on the other hand were nice because they were crispy but I found them a bit too salty.
Interestingly the prawns still have their shells on but they are edible as they have been fried to the point where they are very crispy.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
The bill $72:

As expected, the food costs slightly more than Jordan, but you are paying for the packaging, environment, sturdy utensils as well as napkins.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
G/F, 8-10 Cleveland Street, Fashion Walk, Causeway Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...