Thursday, October 18, 2012

Formidable! il'ya un Fleur de Sel en Central

I love French Crepes and there was a good one called Le Kramphouse but it closed down.

Anyway I have previously tried their crepes at the Causeway Bay branch which was delicious and they are the only crepe place that I know so far that serves the duck crepe but I prefer dining in Central and this restaurant is on street level, however on a slope so you need to walk up there!

Tried two crepes, a savoury one and a sweet one.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
San Pellegrino Sparkling Juice - Bloody orange: I really liked the taste of this and the orange colour matched their colour theme too.
It tasted like non alcoholic cocktail punches and it was not sour.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
La Poire: This was caramelized pears with lavender, creme brulee ice cream and chocolate sauce.
You could visually see the lavender buds too.
I do not like lavender but with the pear it tasted surprisingly nice. I suspect the ice-cream was Haagan Daz's creme brulee ice-cream.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
La Pissaladiere: This was caramelized onions, anchovies, black olives and fresh tomatoes (cherry tomatoes).
It was good because the crepe base was not burnt, it was crispy and slightly soft in the middle.
The cheese was grated really finely and parts where it melted made the crepe nice and savoury.
Overall I really liked the pizza ingredients on the crepe but without the tomato sauce.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Photos of the restaurant :
I prefer the Central branch, although it is cosy, it is not as cramped as the Causeway Bay branch.
I liked the way they have matched the orange and black and white colour theme in the restaurant. ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Duck confit crepe at the Causeway Bay branch of Fleur De Sel
http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/commentdetail.htm?commentid=2192334

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...