Thursday, October 18, 2012

Strawberry and pistachio mousse cake @ Arome Bakery room

After trying their new cakes a few weeks ago I did not expect them to have some more new cakes so soon.

It would be good if Arome Bakery room (not to be confused with Arome Bakery ) had their own Facebook page as well then I could get the latest updates when they have new cakes.

Anyway, I happened to walk past and I was intending to get the cakes I did not try last time and it just so happens they have two new cakes!!!
I was even more lucky because they had a Buy 2 get 2 free promotion, so since I was going to try those two new cakes I could get two free.
The promotion starts from 7.30pm to 9pm from Mondays - Fridays.
The two NEW cakes in the range were: Cassis & raspberry mousse slice cake and the strawberry and pistachio mousse.
It was good that you could choose cakes from the sliced caked range and the petites desserts range but since the price is different you get charged as buying one cake from that price range and the other one.

However the Cassis one was on promotion for $28, but for the Buy 2 Get 2 Free promotion, they will charge the full price $30, which explains why the total was $54 and not $52.

But anyway $54 for four delicious cakes is a bargain!

Anyway I chose the two new cakes and for the free cakes I chose the Hochi-Cha which I wanted to try last time and new strawberry cake again because I had a feeling it would taste nice.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Cassis & raspberry mousse slice cake - new product
I was attracted to this cake because on one end of the cake it had blueish powder and the other end was dark chocolate sauce!!
From one cake you could get two tastes.
I started on the chocolate covered end and the mousse part was so light and soft, the taste was so dreamy but the tartness of the berry mousse was well complimented by the dark chocolate sauce.
Moving on to the blue end, it was slightly sweeter, but still tart.
The base of the cake was really nice, it was a biscuit base and above that was some caramel and chocolate layers.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
2 x strawberry and pistachio mousse - new product:
As expected this one tasted the best! I am glad I picked two.
The base of the cake was soft and I really liked that because the strawberry was really light and the pistachio filling in the middle was extremely nutty and buttery reinforced by the strawberry sauce on top.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
hochi-cha:
This was the cake I did not try last time, I found it quite creamy but the green tea taste was strong,
The bottom layer was creamier and the top part tasted like the green tea filling in the green tea eclair except that it was not so strong.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Anyway I cant wait for their next new selection of cakes, I'll be back!:
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...