Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Harringtons anyday anytime would be great

I love my perfect Sunday roast and I found it ! Right here in Harringtons!

Shame it is only served on Sundays.

Anyway for $228, there is a choice of starters, roast at the carvery table and dessert.

From the moment I stepped in the restaurant it just felt like home, well spaced out tables and resonable high ceilings.

My table was by the window, and the air conditioning was just right, it was not like a refrigerator and it was natural, gentle relaxing breezes.
Although there is not much of a view from the window, but the bushes by the window were really comforting and I don’t know why.
Along with all that there was BLUR and other songs playing in the background smile
There were no bugs or flies on them and it did not have any strong plant smell.

The tiling on the floor was a familiar scene too.
On the previous review, it said “the fish pie was to die for” but I wanted the roast, so I ordered both!
But in general, if the food is real pure British food, it can’t taste wrong!

For starters there were two I really wanted to choose which was either the prawn cocktail or the crab cakes.
In the end I chose the crabcakes, and for dessert I chose Strawberries and cream.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Fish Pie
The same comment as the previous reviewer, it was really to die for.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Crab cakes
These were delicious but the crab cakes were tiny!
The crab cakes were made with 98% crabmeat.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Roast from the carvery
Its hard to see from the pictures because of the red lamp, but there was swede, roast parsnips and carrots.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Strawberries and cream
Although it was just simply strawberries and cream, it was just simply delicious. The cream was thick and tasted similar to clotted cream but a whipped version, it was slighlty sweetened.
It would be great if there was more cream, because I was eating it sparingly.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...