Friday, January 11, 2013

Eric Kayser's financiers in da monetary HK world

I was quite excited about this new opening, they have a bakery as well as a restaurant.
Eric Kayser is from a family of French bakers and invented the liquid levain.
The financiers looked nice so I brought one to try, there were three flavours that day:
cherry and pistachio, raspberry and chocolate.
They had mini ones which I wanted to try but the mini ones didnt have the cherry.
I have never tried a Financier before but I just knew it has a lot of almonds in it.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Pistachio and cherry Financier:
As the name suggests, it is related to the Finance world because the cakes are made from the traditional rectangular mold, which resembles a bar of gold. Another theory suggests that the cake was popular in the financial district of Paris surrounding the Paris stock exchange.
After buying it, I couldnt wait to eat it so opened the paper bag and I could smell lovely almond already.
The smell is really similar to marzipan.
Anyway when I started to eat it, I didnt realise the inside was runny, I definately needed a fork because the centre was pouring out and it was really soft and collapsed.
I have never had a Financier before so I do not know if the inside is meant to be like that or whether is was not baked properly but I have sent an enquiry but no one has replied.
So if anyone has tried it before maybe they can tell me if it is meant to be like that.
As for the taste, the almond was really strong, tasting like marzipan, the pistachio taste was not strong enough and the cherries were nice and tart.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...