Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My expectation at Eggspectation fulfilled

Eggspectation (Tsuen Wan)
When I saw this place listed on OpenRice, the name was really interesting but as there were no reviews I did not know what food was served.
Initially I was quite excited because it didnt sound Chinese.
Eggspectation in the US is as famous upscale American restaurant serving breakfasts and more.

As I was in the area, I decided to visit Eggspectation which was really hard to find because it was in the middle of no where.
I was glad I came because I loved their eggettes.
Apart from eggettes they do waffles and pancakes.

That day they had two creative eggettes with oreo or pistachio so I chose Pistachio.

While I was waiting, I found this joint quite cute.
There were cute metal butterflies decorated on the wall.

There was a huge waffle bowl with icecream which is actually a sauce dispenser!!!!


As well as that there was a mini popcorn machine that can make REAL popcorn!!


Behind the glass I saw some cute boxes which I thought were for display but they put my eggette in that cute box!!

The logo was really good too, you can see that they incorporated the "E" in the Chinese character of EGG.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Pistachio eggette:
I loved the box that the eggette was in, and it made it easier to handle because my fingers are really sensitive to hot temperatures.

At the bottom of the box, the stylish letter "E" cut out serves to let the steam out keeping the eggette crispy as well as being part of the design!


The eggette was delicious and cakey with a crispy surface.
It was possible to break them off into little eggette balls and eat them one by one!
The sweetness was just right and I hope they keep it that way and the pistachio nuts were a good match and added a nice crunch.
The pistachio nuts had a few grains of salt which enhanced the eggette just like salt with caramel.
It was so nice I had two eggettes as I doubt I would be in this area again because it is too far!!!!
But anyway a few paces down the block, there is a store called ALL THE BEST and it has some great American groceries in there too.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...