Saturday, March 01, 2014

Back for more vegetarian dishes

The vegetarian dishes here are filling and affordable which is why I came back for more.

Here was what I had:

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Stir fried vegetables and rice:

I don't really like these diced vegetables consisting of carrots, peas and sweetcorn but surprisingly it was delicious because the sauce was sweet and went well with the rice as it made the rice moist and easy to eat.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
American wrap:

On my previous visit, tried their other wraps which were divine, this was the only one I have not tried so came back for it.
It had a vegetarian frank which tasted like the normal ones and there was coleslaw in it which is my favourite.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
tofu in spicy sauce with rice:

Basically I have always loved the meat version but restaurants never use fresh meat so it stinks.
The vegetarian version is much lighter and they have Sichuan peppercorns in their sauce which has this numbing effect and no spiciness.
I would have liked the sauce to be thicker.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
stir fried purple cabbage with beef:

Another sweet tasting dish because of the purple cabbage but it was not cloyingly sweet, the vegetarian beef slices were great because they don't have those annoying tendons that you can chew.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Stir fried spicy Chinese celery and meat with rice:

This dish was good but it lacked something because there was too much Chinese celery in it.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
I really like this place a lot but I hate those smokers smoking outside because their second hand smoke is mega annoying!
Anyway hope to dine here more often before the annoying summer comes!

◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Sooo Vegi (North Point)
Price: $9X
Service: good
Service charge: no
Yummy factor: good
MSG levels: None
Napkins provided: yes
Noise levels: Noisy
Glass of water provided: yes
English Menu: Yes
Air Conditioning: no
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...