Saturday, March 01, 2014

Back for some new sweet treats

I don't really dine here because there is a regular tea house that I go to.

I have not had much luck with this place because I missed their Victoria sandwich when they opened and they were always closed or busy when I came.

Found out about the Strawberry and basil scone so went there for it because I missed it last year.
Before I came, I phoned to reserve one and their phone went dead after I spoke to them but luckily they still had a few left.

When I got there, the queue was flowing outside the door.

People can now sit on the tables outside or at the bar table in front of the counter.
There used to be a table on the left but it is not there anymore.

Apart from the scone they had this new Thai sausage and kimchi quiche which was quite creative.

They had this new sweet potato muffin so I got it as well.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Strawberry Basil Scone:

It looked like an American biscuit.

On a closer look, you can see pieces of strawberries and green basil leaves.
The pairing of strawberry and basil was interesting which was why I tried it.
I loved the fruity taste of the strawberries but the basil was not strong enough to taste it.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Daigaku Imo (Honey Glazed Sweet Potato) & Cream Cheese savoury Muffin:



The savoury muffin did not taste that savoury and it was really dense and hard perfect for eating with a fork.
It did not fall apart like your usual muffin.
There was lots of texture from the black sesame seeds and sweet potato however the sweet potatoes were not soft enough and I could not taste the clumps of cream cheese in the muffin.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
teakha (Sheung Wan)
Price: $4X
Service: OK
Yummy factor: ok
Sweetness levels: just right
Napkins provided: yes
Noise levels: Noisy
Glass of water provided: self service
English Menu: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...