Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Interesting dining place at Otto

Restaurants in high rise buildings are common in Hong Kong because there is NO SPACE.
Anyway Otto Restaurant & Bar surprised me because it was quite different with stairs and the ceilings were different.


There were two floors.

On the upper floor, I liked the alcove with a Western looking window and the white bricks.

We tried the dinner set which is priced differently according to the main course you choose and it includes: starter, soup, main course, dessert and tea or coffee or a glass of wine for an extra $48.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
We started off with bread:


★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Smoked eel salad with balsamic

I am not a fan of eel so I chose the other one.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Italian goats milk cheese with parma, quince paste

A light starter with goats cheese paired with sweet quince paste and aged parma ham.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Beetroot soup

The soup was interesting, I liked it but it tasted like sweetcorn soup.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Pan fried tiger prawns with linguine in tomato sauce

This was the cheapest main but I liked it because it was simple al dente linguine with a huge tiger prawn.
I would have liked the tomato sauce to be stronger though.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Pan fried chile sea bass fillet

For fish lovers, it was a chunky piece of fish on top of delicious truffle mash.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Char grilled us prime angus rib eye steak

I am not keen on beef, but I loved the steak because it was juicy and sweet enhanced by the salt that was on the plate.
It was great that there was no charred taste either.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Seafood platter

The seafood platter had Baked lobster in cheese, grilled salted tiger prawns and pan seared scallops.
I tried the lobster and I liked it because the sauce was adapted so that it was not too cheesy or creamy and the sauce was great for dipping the bread in it too.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Italian pudding

I loved the pudding because it was silky and creamy and not too sweet but I preferred it without the sauce.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Coffee or tea

To finish off, I chose tea which is Ceylon tea served with milk.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Overall, the food comes quite fast and it was good in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...