Saturday, June 15, 2013

C.H.E.A.P sushi

Daimaru Sushi (Sham Shui Po)
Before I tried this place, I used to think it was expensive because the presentation of the sushi was quite classy.

They had a glass platter of sushi which is unusual according to a review datedsept 2010.
http://static2.orstatic.com/UserPhoto/photo/2/1O1/00BUXV94BA9A7317BBC385l.jpg

The fish skin was also interesting featured on the review by Garycwm dated oct 2010.
http://static1.orstatic.com/UserPhoto/photo/2/1QT/00CEPX57C67C3CED527FBBl.jpg

I only came here because Wai Kee was full of people and I suddenly remembered this place.

I have not read the recent reviews so did not know the style had changed.

After sitting down, I realized the menu was totally different and they didnt have the platter sushi that was offered years ago!

Shockingly the items were CHEAP ranging from $3-$12 for a piece of sushi!
The ramen was the cheapest I have seen so far for $18!!!!!

Heres what I had....
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Signature ramen:

Tasteless but good for the eldery and people on a low sodium, low oil diet.
Eating suggestion: mix the soy sauce and wasabi and use it as a sauce for dipping the noodles if you feel its tasteless.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Abalone gunkan, clams gunkan, flower of love sushi:

Both the abalone and clams gunkan were quite nice because the sauce was slightly spicy.
There was not enough sauce and the sauce was a bit too watery.
The flower of love was edible but the orange roe on top was not that fresh and shrivelled up.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Seared salmon:

The sushi was ok but I think the rice was burnt!
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Seared flower of love with scallop:

Tasted ok, but the fish roe was not that fresh and slightly shrivelled up.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
The bill was only $50 and there was no 10% service charge.
Amazingly I did not food poisoning the next day either!!
I definately recommend the $3 sushis, or the seared sushis that cost $4.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...