Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Antipodeaness

When this place opened last year, I had high expectations and there were so many items I wanted to try.
But everytime I got there, it was always closed.

It was finally open on this visit and there were only two items I tried because the rest weren't launched yet.

The items I wanted to try were:
Chicken Mushroom & Tarragon Pie
Cheese Strata with Prosciutto, Basil & Spinach
Breakfast Ravioli drizzled with Creamy Sage & White Wine Sauce
Shakshuka with handmade pita bread
[Shakshuka is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers, and onions, often spiced with cumin]

This was the menu they were serving.



The menu may have changed by now because I tried this in October 2013~

While I was waiting for the food, I took photos of their cute salt and pepper shakers and ketchup bottle.



★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Rolled up spinach omelette:


This was a rolled-up spinach omelette with goats cheese & dried tomatoes on a slice of toasted sourdough!
The omelette texture was really interesting just like a swiss roll.
It was soft, moist and fluffy with strong spinach taste which went nicely with the goats cheese.
I don't know how the spinach omelette was made, but it took alot of effort and time!
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Louise Slice $20:
The Louise cake is an old fashioned New Zealand favorite consisting of a thin layer of cake or biscuit topped with raspberry or plum jam, coconut meringue and then baked in the oven.
I got it because it was really similar to this British jam and coconut slice.


It tasted quite similar to the one I had at school but it was too sweet.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...