Saturday, May 04, 2013

My first Canelé

Monsieur Chatte (Sheung Wan)

Thank you Connie for getting me a Canelé and the tube of candies from Monsieur Chatte.

I have always wanted to try them.

The only two places that I know have them are this shop and this private one which I don't quite understand how to order from them so I have not bothered.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Canelé :
This was exciting because I have never tried it before so I did not know how the texture and taste would be.
When I bit into Canelé, the exterior was hard and crispy and the inside was amazingly moist and soft!

It reminded me of a sweet yorkshire pudding with custard flavouring.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
candies:
These candies were really cute, they reminded me of fruit pips in the UK but slightly bigger.
There are three flavours which are different in colour, the orange one is orange and the darkest one is honey, the light brown one tasted like ginger/aniseed with a minty cooling tone to it.

I liked the honey one the best.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...