Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thai style Ice lollies at Cheung Chau

The Garden Cafe/Pub (Cheung Chau)

On my previous visit to Cheung Chau I have always been captivated by this stall selling ice lollies but I never tried it because there were always people surrounding it.


I found the huge revolving metal barrel/drum interesting and the Chinese letters seem to say that they are made to order.

Anyway, I am not quite sure how they can freeze the ice lollies that quickly but all of the lollies are in a slim metal mould with a chopstick in the middle acting as a lolly stick!
They look similar to the British brand of WALL's mini milk ice lollies

I have not been to Thailand before so I do not know what Thai style ice lollies are meant to be.

These Thai style ice lollies only cost $8 and the size was not too big which was good.
It was perfect for people who were going to try snacks at every stall.
The ice lollies probably froze quicker at that sizel.

There were eight flavours: Watermelon, sesame, tea, coffee, coconut, mango, melon and taro.

I only considered the taro because the rest were standard Chinese flavours which I was not fond of.

After ordering, the guy rotates the drum/cylinder to get the required flavour.

He either lets you take it out of the mould or he takes it out for you.


★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Taro ice lolly:


The ice lolly was quite watery and icy, it was not milky but tasted of taro.
The sweetness was just right and the size was not too big which was good because it meant I could try other delicacies on the island.
Basically they tasted the same as WALL's mini milk ice lollies with taro flavour.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...