Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The famous delights of MK at 第三代肥仔小食店

According to the media, this joint is the same as the famous Mong Kok branch run by her son.
In Chinese it is called 第三代肥仔小食店 which roughly means 第三代 Fat boy's shop.
第三代 means third generation which is quite confusing because it should be second generation if he is her son.
I tried to search for a second generation shop but couldn't find it.

Anyway, as long as it tastes as good as the MK branch, people will come here for it.

The layout is pretty much the same.

I like this branch because there is no queue so I have time to look and decide and there is a small bar table beside it too.
I ended up choosing pig's heart, pig's liver and octopus.

They all come with mustard, soy sauce and Chinese sweet sauce which go well with the skewers in the cabinet because offal is basically chewy and has similar tastes except for the textures.
I was impressed with the pig's heart because it was meaty and softer than the gizzard.
The pig's liver was a bit chalky for my liking and the octopus was definately the best.

Next time I am in the area I will have the octopus and pig's heart again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...