Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mayonnaise and chips! I'll be dammed @ Devils Advocate

The set lunch was southern fried chicken with chips so I just had to go in!

Usually with fried chicken I would hesitate because fried chicken can be very dry and it depends which part of chicken they use.

However, there was no hesitation, the food here is consistently good in my experience and I love SOUTHERN fried chicken because it contains lots of herbs and spices.

Anyway, the starter came quickly, followed by the main course.

It was such a treat because there was a huge dollop of mayonnaise! MAYONNAISE! Real mayonnaise, not the disgusting chinesey mayonnaise/salad cream that ruins everything!

The chicken was coated with breadcrumbs and off bones, slightly different to what I expected.

Usually the coating of Southern fried chicken is aromatic and contains paprika and herbs, however this one was plain.
Although it was not what I was expecting, the quality of the chicken was brilliant, it was presented like an escalope.
The chicken was tender and juicy inside, it was the thigh part of the chicken.

The chips were light golden yellow too, and not overly crispy.
I immediately began dipping the chips in the mayonnaise, a much missed thing I did in the UK, especially eating fried chicken and chips from PFC in East London, mayonnaise always comes with it.

Even though the chicken could have been better, I was happy just having chips with REAL mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...