Friday, March 30, 2012

Superb steak and fish maw @ Louis Steakhouse

I have always wanted to dine at Louis Steak house because of the yummy pictures of Fish Maw.
This restaurant is rather interesting because the Chinese run it and they serve proper western dishes apart from the Fish Maw. The restaurant is rather historic to me, especially inside the restaurant, it feels like the Beefeater restaurant in UK.
The staff looked like they’ve work there all their life too, and most of them are all middle aged.
I was very impressed by their diverse menu too, ranging from Asparagus with hollandaise sauce to Crepes Suzette.
For my first visit, I decided to sample their food, so chose the set meal for two, which includes oysters and boiled prawns, basket of bread, mushroom and crab soup with cheese, fish maw, steak, apple pie and a drink.

The table was laid with red and white chequered tablecloth and formal cutlery, vase of carnations, and a small candlelight.


French Gillardeau Oysters and Prawns:
The prawns were fresh, and the oyster was fairly big compared to the restaurants.
The oyster was Ok, and the sauce complimented it well.


Louis Steak home made fish maw with special Chinese sauce:
After reading Jason’s review, I used the bread on the sticky fish maw sauce, and it was wonderful.
The fish maw itself was quite thick. When I used the knife on it, the fish maw texture felt dense.
I would have preferred the fish maw to be slightly softer.


Fresh crabmeat mushroom soup au Gratin:
This was baked, so it was very hot, there was thinly sliced mushrooms on the top with melted cheese.
The crabmeat was nice and fresh, but as for the taste, I only remember the cheese and burning my mouth!!


U.S prime rib eye steak:
Had this cooked to medium, it was served with a jacket potato with a choice of sour cream, bacon bits and chives.
I had my potato served with plain butter.
The steak was good, the only complaint was the fatty rind on the edges.


Apple pie:It looked like an ordinary apple pie, but the pastry was so light, buttery and crumbly.
I think it’s the best pie pastry I have had in Hong Kong so far.
The apple pie was nice and warm too.


Drinks:
Ordered tea, and I was surprised they knew the tea I wanted and brought the appropriate items such as milk and sugar.

I will definitely come again and their food is healthy, and everything served is edible rather than useless garnishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...