Thursday, March 29, 2012

Back for the other stars @ Kee Tsui

After trying the egg tarts on my previous visit and reading comments on the “gai jai beng – baby chicken cakes”, I decided to come back for them.

As well as baby chicken cakes, I also got red beancurd crunchies – nam yu darn saan.

The red beancurd crunchies were strips of red beancurd flavoured dough twisted, fried until it had a crunchy texture.
They reminded me of nachos and thin crackers and I would have dipped them in cream cheese or hummous if I had it.
Beancurd crunchies:
These had a really strong smell of beancurd, the smell was very prolonging, but the taste of beancurd wasn’t that strong. The crunchies were slightly too salty.
Baby chicken cakes:
These are mini cakes filled with gelatinous filling also containing red beancurd, it was chewy and the inside is similar to the “wife cake”.
I was slightly disappointed because it was not as irresistible as it described by others.
On my first try, I found it too sweet, but after getting accustomed to it, it was irresistible.
The chewy filling seemed to contain sesame, which acts like some friction when you chew.
Overall if they could be less sweet, it would taste better and healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...