Saturday, March 31, 2012

Literally it was nice sushi and thai buffet @ Nice Sushi + Thai Buffet

When I read the review for this place, I didn’t realise the name of this place was Nice Sushi + Thai Buffet until I clicked into it, the name itself just looked like one of those captions. I would never have associated a buffet focusing on Japanese food and Thai food.

I tried, because from the photos, the scenery, and concept sounded fresh.

I booked a table for two and arrived at the designated time, when I arrived, there was only one table that was seated with people, and the waitress led us to a table right next to it.
I couldn’t help but feel the staff wanted to group the people together, so plate collection would be convenient.

Initially, I didn’t feel at ease because we sat down, this Thai looking waitress was standing two metres from our table, and she just stood there like a statue looking in our direction, even after we got food and sat back down she was standing there and still looking in our direction.

The restaurant was like 80% empty that time, and there was plenty of space, but she had to stand so close to our table and stare at us! I don’t think anyone would like people to stare at them while they eat!!

Anyway back to the food, started with the tempura’s first, there was quite a range, tempura prawn as well as breaded prawn, various Japanese grilled items, various curries, my favourite was the poached egg. There were baby whelks in chili sauce, these were very soft, probably people they were baby ones.

After a plate of fried items, I made my way to the sushi bar, at that time, we were quite early, so there should have been a lot of different sushi’s available, however I got the last of the flame grilled ones, which were not replaced. There were quite a few that I got which were not replaced as well, there was an interesting squid and seaweed roll (no rice in it).

The Wasabi condiment was shaped into balls in the big bowl of Wasabi for use.
All the sushi were very small in size, about 2/3’s the size of a normal sushi, the rice in the sushi was very compacted and hard.

Infact quite a lot of the items were so dinky in size, especially the desserts, they are small enough to fit on a table spoon (see picture). Visually they look cute, and secondly the servings were so small it was hard to waste the food.

The sashimi bar was quite good too, the range was ok too, including prawns, scallop, arkshell clam.

The salad was impressive too, there was green papaya salad, asian grapefruit salad, thai chicken feet salad, and there soup too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...