Sunday, April 08, 2012

Malaysian Egg rolls @ Sisters Kitchen

After seeing the photos of the egg rolls on OpenRice, I found them quite appealing so I bought some to try. I have not tried these before nor do I know what they are.
I thought they were sweet pancakes at first with chocolate sauce drizzled over it according to the photos posted on OpenRice.

Anyway, got some egg rolls and the Buk Kut Teh soup.

They also had CHICK kut Teh soup which sounds cute because it is chicken instead of pork!
I wonder if they have it in Malaysia because there are lots of religions there that can not eat pork. ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★ Popiah Egg rolls:
They looked quite different from the rolls sold two months ago, they did not have any sauce on it. (Left top corner of this picture)
I asked if there was meant to be any sauce so they gave me some vinegar which looks nothing like the sauce used before because the sauce on the picture is thick. Inside the rolls were mostly white carrots, a few shreds of cucumber and some crushed peanuts.
The roll was sweetish with some Satay sauce taste.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★ Buk Kut Teh soup:
The soup tasted really nice but there was too much oil on top.
The herb taste was really strong especially the wolfberries.
In the soup there were button mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, tofu puffs, beancurds and a piece of pork ribs.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...