Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Deliciously confusing @ 八方雲集鍋貼水餃專門店

Discovered this restaurant while passing by, reminded me of Dumpling house in Sai Kung as they have many flavours, including fried dumplings and boiled dumplings.
Anyway I ordered a set which consisted of 10 dumplings of one flavour and a soup.
The soup is nothing special, just a filler to make it a set, just like Australia Dairy Company where the scrambled egg is the best, and the macaroni is there to fill you up.

I chose the fried curry dumplings with sweet corn soup, the soup arrived first and tasted OK, with bits of ham and egg, sweetcorn etc in it.
Then came the dumplings, I took a bite and realised it was the Korean flavoured one, and realised they had served me the wrong one.
I told the waitress I was given Korean dumplings instead of curry, and she couldn’t find my order, later I found out the previous customer had taken my ticket and paid for it, and the Korean dumplings were meant to be theirs. At the same time, the guy behind me insisted those dumplings were his, as he ordered curry as well, but I told him they were Korean not Curry.
To my surprise, the waitress knowing that I had eaten one dumpling from that plate passed it to the man, even though one dumpling was missing, and the flavour was wrong.

Poor guy, eating the wrong dumplings, and eating after me, and being conned for 9 dumplings when he should have had 10!!

Apart from the blunders, the dumplings tasted quite nice, in my case I got to try two flavours thanks to their mistake. The Curry one is very good, and there is still curry sauce in the dumpling after being fried. The Korean one is also worth trying, spicy, but not very spicy, with a hint of Kimchi in the dumpling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...