Friday, March 30, 2012

Brown sugar mochi egg tart @ KFC

I am not a fan of portugese egg tarts at KFC, firstly because they are greasy and secondly it tastes very eggy.

However the mochi egg tart was fantastic, there was brown sugar mochi at the bottom which lessens the eggy taste, and I love brown sugar.

Before I tried it, I could smell brown sugar/caramel scent.

Then when I tried to cut it, the layer of brown sugar mochi was extremely elastic.
I had some fun stretching it to see when it would break, but from the photo you can see that it had very high plasticity!!
Its texture was like sturdy gelatin rather than the mochi type.

The only thing that let it down was the base, it was burnt, and made the egg tart taste bitter.
30% egg filling, 70% brown sugar filling
30% egg filling, 70% brown sugar filling
Fun factor test~~very elastic!~!
Fun factor test~~very elastic!~!
burnt base
burnt base

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...