Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Delicious swiss rolls @ Quezon Pinoy Food Express

As I ventured for more Filipino food, I discovered some items were very similar to Chinese food, and many other items were Spanish and Malaysian.
In the cabinet I saw these white buns looking like the Chinese steamed buns, it turns out they are the same called Siopao.
There are several fillings, Asado (Meatball), bola-bola (Pork), chicken, beef, shrimp or salted duck eggs.
Siopao wrapped up!
Siopao wrapped up!
 
I prefer the presentation of the Filipino buns because they were hygienically wrapped in wrapping.

Anyway, the two items I had were taro Swiss roll and the chocolate Swiss roll.
Taro swiss roll
Taro swiss roll
 
Taro Swiss roll:
Tasted nice.
Chocolate Swiss roll:
I do not think anyone could possibly not like it, the chocolate taste was so rich. The roll was soft and not moist.
The roll had chocolate sauce in it NOT chocolate cream! The sauce was just heaven, it was like liquid chocolate. The texture of the sauce in the roll and on top of the roll was gooey and viscous, a bit like liquid yolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...