Friday, March 30, 2012

§ The Dragon roll legend begins § @ Dragon Roll

שששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששש
I was surprised there was only one review for this place.

Before my visit, I saw the pictures from Smashing pumpkins review, I was expecting the food to be good.
The sauces caught my attention, I got the impression the roll would be fun with so many sauces to put on it. (Fish sauce, Ketchup, sweet chili, siracha, and teryaki)
The siracha sauce was slightly different to the ones I have seen, the colour here is creamy orange, and the ones I have seen just look like chili sauce.
The fish sauce, which I thought, would be made of fish was actually mayonnaise to go with fish and chips.

The logo design and the shop were brightly coloured, matching the pubs and the partying areas of Lan Kwai Fong.
The dragon on the logo gave it that oriental finish, yet the they were not selling pancake rolls!!

From the menu, it was clear that this shop with an oriental name wasn’t chinese cuisine, yet there was no other cuisine you could quite relate it too.
Also the roll wrap was thin, chewy and soft like the mexican tortilla I had at the Taco Truck.
It was freshly made here. However the choice of fillings here were not authentic mexican.
I wouldn’t say it was turkish or indian either, as the size of the rolls here were slightly smaller and they contained guacamole.
So overall, it seems to be American with an oriental logo to match LKF, with a slight tex-mex touch to it, as most of their rolls contain guacamole.

Anyway I ordered two rolls, the Portobello mushroom roll and the kebab roll.

All the things were freshly done, the roll was freshly pressed on the iron, and the ingredients cooked on the griddle.

Portobello:
The roll was filled with sliced earthy Portobello mushroom, and lettuce, although it didn’t satisfy my hunger it tasted great. All the sauces matched the rolls.

Kebab roll:
This was slightly different to the kebabs at Ebeeneezers, the kebab was a long patty of minced beef and lamb seasoned with a fair amount of cumin.
This was also wrapped with lettuce and onions.

Overall the food here was brilliant, the only thing that I thought was over priced was their coke, it was $17 per can.
שששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששששש
Yummy sauces
Yummy sauces
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...