Friday, March 30, 2012

Eating desserts in a classroom @ 嚐糖

As well as this dessert house that is furbished like a classroom, there is also one in Sheung Wan called Sweet Classroom.
http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/reviews.htm?shopid=31815
I have always wanted to go to the one in Sheung Wan, but its too far, but I do intend to try it as they serve mostly western desserts and souffles.
I have a feeling that Sweet Classroom opened before this one opened.
The classroom at Sheung Wan is much bigger.
Anyway, I have decided to give this one a try and compare it with Sweet Classroom later. The menu design is similar to Sweet Classroom, it is one of those school exercise books.


This little dessert shop is located at the end of some dark street in TKO, passing some restaurants, mechanics to get to it.
When you finally get there, the place is quite tiny, there are about 5 school tables inside, sitting approximately 10 people.
Although it is a tiny shop, the decoration inside was quite nice, I couldnt help taking pictures, although not all are posted here.





For the dessert range, it is mostly the usual Chinese range and Bird's nest dessert, so I picked the papaya served with young coconut agar jelly, and the durian with agar jelly, but the owner said both had the same jelly, even though one saids coconut agar jelly, and the other one is just plain agar jelly.
In the end, I just picked the Durian because I don't eat Papaya anyway.
When it came, it was durian meat served in the middle with pieces of young coconut agar jelly squares placed around it.

I ate the durian and the agar jelly separately, and I do not advise to eat them together, because you cant really taste what the agar jelly tastes like.
Anyway, the durian was just durian, so there was nothing much to write about that, but the agar jelly was really nice, it was made of young coconut juice, and not too sweet, so it was quite fragrant, and it had pieces of young coconut in it.
Now looking forward to SWEET CLASSROOM @ Sheung Wan, souffle and apple crumble, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...