Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fried quail eggs and Natto beans curry @ CoCo Ichibanya

I had a lovely curry last time at the TST branch, so went to this one as it was located closer to the MTR.

The curry was better but the only let down was the customer service, when I came the restaurant was only 10% full.
There was no one at the reception to lead me to the table, so I just walked in and sat down.

Luckily a waitress saw me so she gave me a menu.

At the TST branch there was water at the table and here you have to request them for it.

The pickles in the glass pot that I reviewed at TST were not on my table either.
However when I was ready to order there were no waitresses around, same when I wanted to pay the bill and leave.

As for the curry I ordered fried quail egg curry with Natto beans.
The consistency of the curry sauce was much thinner than the TST branch, you could see it swish about in the plate when it was brought over.
The presentation of the curry here was much better, the rice, curry sauce and sides were put separately so you could control how much sauce to put on the rice.
The quail eggs were fried just right and the cutlet coating was thin. I was surprised how they managed to adhere the coating to the quail eggs before frying.

CoCo Ichibanya

www.ichibanya.com.hk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...