Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Froyo surrounded by garden magic @ Fru:yo Factory

I was attracted by its name: Fru:yo factory, I was expecting there would be lots of yogurt dispensers just like Tutti-melon and Tutti-Frutti.
I was expecting the experience to be fun like visiting Charlie's chocolate factory such as getting toppings from turning carousels, or cute containers on a conveyor belt just like a real factory.

There are two branches, one in Causeway Bay and this one, two extreme places, one in city side of Hong Kong and the other in the urban side of Hong Kong.
Usually, shops will open either in the city or in the urban areas to see how it goes, and then expand to the other areas.

Anyway, the interior was indeed fun, there was a fountain in the middle where you could sit around it, however the fountain was not flowing.

I liked the tiling on the floor the most, it was printed with flowers in between the lines which looked quite realistic. The main theme of the yogurt was the elephant, I couldnt quite understand why this was chosen as a mascot, I felt that ladybirds or fairies would suit it better, but then these are the type of western styles I have been brought up with. Its wooden approach and earth colours made it down to earth and naturistic, whilst the fonts and names of the drinks made it feel American.
The spoon matched the joint as well; it was matt material and light beige in colour. For the froyo there were only two flavours, original and chocolate.
I tried the chocolate first and it was too strong and floury, so I chose the original.
The original was very thick, but quite sweet. They were very generous with the toppings!
I chose the caramel kanten, which was clear and glistened in gold. After from froyo they had drinks too with attractive names such as: Sunshine in love, blue breeze, gold coast.
The gold coast was interesting because it was kiwi based
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...